Gaio is a standalone high quality Moving Magnet (MM) phono preamplifier.
What makes Gaio remarkable?
• Optimisation: Gaio is manufactured of components that are measured and selected into small groups. This makes every unit perform at a higher level than we have previously been able to achieve.
• The circuit board: A careful layout has a large impact on sound quality. Gaio has step by step been evaluated with different layouts, until the best and most compact solution was settled upon.
• Power supply: The power supply of Gaio has been developed over a long time. The aim is to make sure it doesn’t interfere with the musical signal. The encapsulated transformer is hand soldered directly to the circuit board and the power cord. The power cord from Volex is three times more expensive than the cheapest alternative, but makes a big difference to the final performance. It must not be cut down or replaced!
• Enclosure: The small enclosure is optimally damped from the inside with 77 square cm of bitumen and important fasteners are tightened with a precision torque tool. The ground to chassis connection affects sound quality and its assembly is therefore specified in detail. The feet are chosen for best sound performance and are adjusted so that the case sits perfectly stable on a flat surface.
• Attention to detail: Common to all products from Lejonklou is an extreme attention to detail. Every product we develop is crafted by hundreds of listening tests. Even seemingly unimportant details are carefully evaluated. As often as possible we use blind tests, because they make difficult decisions easier. Everything we do and all the results from tests are written down and later studied in an attempt at finding another angle. When we have described our development process to colleagues at other companies, they have considered us mad. That’s OK. Mad attention to detail is the single most important factor when making a HiFi product that has the ability to let the music reach out and touch you.
Dimensions (WxHxD) 103x59x180 mm
Weight 950 g
Mains voltage 230 V~ 50 H or 115 V~ 60 Hz
Fuse (inside the case) T1A (slow blow)
Input impedance 47 kΩ/68 pF
Gain at 1 kHz 40 dB (102 times)
Output impedance/Rec. load 300 Ω/>3 kΩ
Power consumption Less than 5 W